Thee Beauty Shop

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Buy 1 get 1 Free offers - Blessings or Curses?

Stores with those gorgeous "buy 1 get 1 free" offers, discounts, sales - Can they ever be a curse? Do you think I am mental, if I think that the answer to that could  be a "Yes?" Well, no matter what you call me, I still think that depending on the situation, such offers can indeed be a curse.

Think about it. The idea of the store/company is to attract the customer, that would be you, to buy things just because the products are at a slashed price. But quite often you might end up buying things that you don't even need! I for one have had this happen to me. I used to get wooed into buying a few products, here and there, just because they were on sale.

The idea is to use such discounts and offers for your own benefit, and not to waste money buying things you may barely use (just because they were cheap). So don't ever buy products just because they are cheap. Ask yourself, "Do I really need this?" Walk away from the shop selling the product. If in 30 minutes you think you still need the product, go ahead and pick it up.

We all need to practice self-control when it comes to these "buy 1 get 1 free" offers. But at least you won't be wasting money on things you don't need! ;-)
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment